GoShare was built to help Pier 1 Imports customers save time and money when delivering Pier 1 purchases. We want your customers to have a great experience every time they use our on demand Pier 1 delivery service. We hope these pro tips will help Pier 1 customers get the most value and the lowest cost when using our delivery service.
GoShare was built to help Costco Members save time and money when delivering Costco purchases. We want your members to have a great experience every time they use our on demand delivery service at Costco. We hope these pro tips will help Costco members get the most value and the lowest cost when using our delivery service.
Moving can be stressful, overwhelming, and expensive, but it doesn’t have to be. There are dozens of apps constantly being created to help make you life easier including apps that help you do everything from prepare, pack and pick a moving company. Check out these 5 moving apps that can help make your move easy, convenient and inexpensive.
Although Wunderlist has many uses beyond moving, it can make your life a lot easier when you’re starting the moving process. You can make shopping lists, to-do lists, and set reminders. Wunderlist is also great for collaborating with your family, roommates, or whoever might be moving with you. You can share lists with them and work collaboratively to conquer your to-do lists more efficiently. For our Type A readers out there, you can even specifically assign certain tasks to people to really ensure things get done by the deadline you set.
Renting a truck is so 2001. In todays on-demand world you can get a truck with a mover on demand. GoShare is like Uber for moving. You can choose the number of people you need to help you, the size of the truck/van you need, and the day/time you want it. You can schedule with GoShare ahead of in advance or if you are a procrastinator you can order and have a GoShare delivery professional at your door with a truck in less than an hour! GoShare drivers will help deliver furniture, haul junk or move your entire apartment. If you have things that you’re getting rid of during your move, GoShare can also pick up those items and donate for you.
Want to get to know your new neighbors and stay up to date with the neighborhood happenings? Nextdoor is like a private Facebook page with your neighbors. Whether you’re trying to find real estate listing, stay in the loop in the case of a robbery nearby, or find recommendations for local movers, Nextdoor makes connecting with your neighbors easier than ever! It’s secure too; only people that live in your neighborhood can sign in to your specific group and each member has to verify their address before they’re accepted into the group. NextDoor was created to help make neighborhoods and their communities stronger and safer.
Usually when it comes time to move homes, you realize you have a lot of things that you don’t necessarily need or want anymore. So, instead of wasting time and money taking it all with you, download OfferUp and make money! OfferUp is an online platform and app where you can sell your unwanted things, from your old couch to your kids’ toys. Just post a picture and description of the item you want to sell and the price you want for it, then people in your area will see it in their feed and make an offer on it if they want it. Once you find a buyer, you can easily set up pick-up/drop-off through the app’s messaging feature. Once you sell all of your unwanted stuff, you’ll only be left with the things you really need and want, which will make your move much easier.
Hate how it’s almost impossible to move without losing something? So do the people who created Sortly, the app that helps you easily keep track of what you own and where it is. Sortly lets you create a visual inventory of all the things you own. All you have to do is take a quick photo of each item, save them to specifically named folders you create, and then you can categorize your items by box, location, or whatever other way you want. You also have the option to add a monetary value or notes to each item. Sortly even has a QR code feature, which allows you to mark your boxes with QR code labels that you can scan with the Sortly app to see what’s inside! Finally, to make your move even easier, there’s a moving checklist feature built into the app so you can stay on track with everything that needs to get done up until moving day!
We hope you find these moving apps helpful for your next move. Whether you need help moving furniture, organizational help, or a way to buy sell used household goods these free moving apps can make your move easy and efficient!
- Educate yourself on the culture
Miami has a fairly rich culture; from their daily Cuban coffee breaks at 3:05pm to the way they often greet people with a kiss on the cheek. There are also a lot of different backgrounds and ethnicities in Miami, each with their own customs and cuisines that they bring to the city. With people from Cuba, Colombia, Brazil, Haiti, Chile, and more, Miami’s culture is very unique. A lot of the locals in Miami speak Spanish too, so it might be a good idea to brush up on a few Spanish words and phrases before you make the move.
- Find a job
Maybe the reason you’re moving to Miami is for work so you already have a job lined up… But for those of you who don’t have a job lined up, here are a few tips to help you land a job before you move or shortly after your move to Miami. Want to work for Miami-Dade County? Check out their website for a list of open jobs. If working for the county doesn’t appeal to you, you can check out the bigger private companies for jobs. Some of the most popular companies to work for in Miami are Carnival Cruise Lines, Miami International Airport, PortMiami, and Royal Caribbean International. Want a more flexible job that allows you to make your own schedule? Apply to drive for GoShare and use your own truck or van to make up to $71.52 an hour + tips!
- Prepare for the weather
Miami weather is different than most other U.S. cities. The humidity can be slightly difficult to adjust to at first, especially if you’ve never experienced it before. Just walking outside to your car can have you sweating. Miami is also known to have random downpours. Although they usually only last a few minutes, it’s smart to keep an umbrella with you just in case you get caught outside during a downpour. On the other hand, when the Miami sun is out it can really take it’s toll on you whenever you’re outside. With that said, if you’re going to be outside, make sure you wear sunscreen…or you might have to spend a few days and a full bottle of aloe trying to recover.
- Pack up
As moving day gets closer, you may find yourself overwhelmed with the packing process. In an attempt to prevent that overwhelming feeling, here are a few tips to help out! First off, before you even begin to pack, declutter your home. Doing this prior to packing and moving will save you time and effort so you’re not moving things that you don’t need or want anymore. Our second tip, which falls in line with our first tip, is to sell furniture that you no longer want/need in your new home. Once you’ve finished decluttering and selling your unwanted furniture, you should be left with only the things you want/need to take with you on your move, so now you can start the packing process. First things first, go pick up some boxes, packing tape, bubble wrap, and sharpies! Build your boxes, pick a room to start with and then start to carefully pack your items, wrapping the fragile items in bubble wrap. Go room by room, writing the contents on each box to make unpacking easier! For more moving and packing tips click here.
- Make the move
Your last step, obviously, is to actually make the move to Miami. After decluttering and beginning the packing process, you’ll have a good idea of how much stuff you’re moving, which will help in deciding how much help you need. Do you need a big box truck? Maybe just a cargo van or pickup truck if you don’t have a lot stuff to move? While there are many options out there, GoShare allows you to customize your move to get the help you need, and it’s on demand! You can schedule it in advance or order the help you need on moving day. With GoShare, you are just a few clicks away from an easy, convenient, and affordable move. For the best experience download the free GoShare app on iPhone or Android.
Black Friday is right around the corner, which means a lot of awesome deals are coming your way! Whether you’re looking to buy a new TV or you’re ready to invest in an artificial Christmas tree, we’ve put together a list of some of the best Black Friday Deals this year (and suggestions on how to get the big items home).
Have you been thinking about buying a new TVs? Best Buy has some awesome Black Friday deals on TVs this year. Check out the 65” Sony for $999.99 (orig. $1,299.99) or 65” Samsung for $1,299.99 (orig. $1,599.99), both of which are LED, 2160p, Smart, and 4K Ultra HD TVs. If you want something a little bigger, check out the LG 70” for $999.99 (orig. $1,499.99) or the Samsung 82” for $3,299.99 (orig. $4,499.99), again both are LED, 2160p, Smart, 4K Ultra HD TVs.
Artificial Christmas Trees
Tired of spending time and money on a real Christmas tree every year so you’re thinking about investing in an artificial Christmas tree? Buy one this Black Friday to take advantage of some great savings! At Lowe’s, they’re offering 25% off their artificial trees through 11/29/17. They have a 7.5ft Fleetwood Pine Artificial Tree for just $96.00 (orig. $128) or 9ft Pre-lit Robinson Fir Artificial Tree for $187.50 (orig. $250.00).
Love shopping at World Market? Looking for some new furniture at awesome prices? From now until 11/26/2017, all of the furniture at World Market (excluding outdoor furniture) is 40% off. That means dining tables, chairs, sectionals, benches, accent tables, and more! You can get their Textured Woven Abbott Sofa Sectional for $450 (orig. $749.99). Home Depot also has a great selection of Black Friday sale items this year. If you’re looking for a new entertainment center, Home Depot has an industrial style piece for $749.25 (orig. $999.00) or a more traditional wood piece with a built-in infrared electric fireplace for $519.20 (orig. $649.00), along with many other entertainment center styles. They also have a few mirrors, dining sets, and couches on sale. Get shopping!
Have a small car but you don’t want to miss the deals on that new couch, Christmas tree, or TV? We have a solution for you! You can get your large items delivered to your home with GoShare, it’s like Uber for trucks. With GoShare you can get a delivery professional with a truck on demand or book in advance. Learn more about how you can get the help and vehicle you need to get your new purchases home!
Meet Phil and learn why he uses GoShare to work on his own schedule and earn money using his truck to help people.
Phil: My name is Phil and I’m from Los Angeles, California. My current hobbies right now, I think I’m more of a video game type of guy. I have a truck and I’ve been trying to find a meaning to use it. I needed to find my niche and I found it with GoShare.
GoShare: What type of vehicle do you have?
Phil: My truck is just normal Ford Ranger. I’ve always been a car person my whole life. My father, he said I’m more fit in truck. Couple years ago, one of his best friends passed away and he left his truck, and my dad decided to give me his truck. Once I got my hands on the wheel, and got to driving it and experiencing it, I finally understood why it’s nice to drive a truck. Truck yeah!
GoShare: What has been your experience working with GoShare?
Phil: Just delivered an ATM just not too long ago, not too far from here. I’ve moved everything from Costco, from the couches, multiple couches, like three of ‘em stacked high, to TV’s and all that. I’ve been doing this moving thing for awhile, a lot of customers.
GoShare: Why should customers use GoShare?
Phil: You can schedule your life and you don’t have to wait too long and most of us are good at communication. There are drivers available and there are drivers there to do what they have to do to help you out to move your stuff.
GoShare: What would you tell someone interested in joining GoShare?
Phil: GoShare gives me the freedom that I always wanted when it comes down to a job. I don’t have a schedule, I can plan, not only my day, but my life whenever a job decides to come in for my area. I can communicate with the customers right away and the layout is user friendly on both ends, the customer as well as the driver. It really does make life a lot easier compared to other apps.
We’re excited to announce that GoShare’s on demand delivery service is now available in Miami, FL! Our team of delivery professionals are available now in Miami-Dade and Broward counties and can begin delivering for you within the hour! You can get an estimate and book one or two delivery professionals with a truck online or by using the GoShare app. All of our delivery professionals are licensed, insured, and background checked. Deliveries can be scheduled in advance or on demand!
Check out all locations where GoShare is available here.
Give $10, Get $10!
You can also help a friend save $10 on their first GoShare delivery when they use your promo code! Once their first delivery is complete, you’ll also receive a $10 credit the next time you use GoShare. So start sharing today, because everyone needs a friend with a truck!
Have you shared your promo code yet? If you haven’t, now is your chance to share and win! Starting today November 10th through December 31st 2017, for every person who uses your promo code we will enter your name into the contest. On January 1st 2018 we will pick a contest winner at random. The more promo code redemptions, the better your odds of winning. Share your promo code with friends, family, customers, and anyone else who needs a friend with a truck and you can be one of the lucky winners! The prizes are as follows:
1st place – $100 Amazon Gift Card
2nd place – $50 Amazon Gift Card
3rd place – $25 Amazon Gift Card
Additionally, the store with the most redemptions (minimum 10) will receive a free lunch, on us!
To find your promo code in the app just select “Invite Friends” from the menu. You’ll see your unique code and several ways to share it through text, Facebook, Twitter, email, and more. To find your promo code on the website just log into your account. On the right side of your dashboard you’ll see your unique code and several ways to share it through email, Facebook, Twitter, and more.
When customers use your promo code they will get $10 off of their first GoShare delivery. Plus, you’ll get $10 credit the next time you use GoShare. It’s the perfect way to save money and help others when they need a friend with a truck!
You can get an estimate and place an order online here. You can also see a full list of contest rules below.
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Campaign is open only to those who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Campaign is only open to legal residents of The United States, and is void where prohibited by law. The Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on 11/10/2017, 3:00 PM PST and ending 12/31/2017, 11:59 PM PST. Delivery must be completed by 12/31/2017 no later than 11:59 PM PST in order to be considered an entry.
4. How to Enter: The Campaign must be entered by sharing your individual GoShare promo code. You earn one entry for every one of your promo codes that is redeemed by a new customer before the end of the Campaign. In order to redeem a promo code the person your referred must complete a delivery using your promo code by 11/29/2017 at 11:59 PM PST. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of GoShare.
5. Prizes: The 1st place Winner of the Campaign will receive a $100 Amazon gift card, 2nd place Winner will receive a $50 Amazon gift card, 3rd place Winner will receive a $25 Amazon gift card. The Jerome’s Furniture location that has the most entries, with a 10 entry minimum, will receive a free catered lunch. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for GoShare to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be determined by random selection. Winner will be notified by email within five (5) days following selection of Winner. GoShare shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 3 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT GOSHARE’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: By entering this contest (e.g., photo, video, text, etc.), You understand and agree that GoShare, anyone acting on behalf of GoShare, and GoShare’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes. without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Optional verbiage for Contests: By entering this content, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of GoShare. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless GoShare from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which GoShare may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
9. Terms & Conditions: GoShare reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond GoShare’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Campaign. In such case, GoShare may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by GoShare. GoShare reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. GoShare has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Campaign, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Campaign rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, GoShare reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless GoShare and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in California having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: GoShare, 101 W. Broadway, CA 92101, U.S.A. Requests must be received no later than 12/7/2017 11:59 PM PST.
14. Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Campaign is GoShare.
15. Facebook: The Campaign hosted by GoShare is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook.
16. By submitting the entry online, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
Consumer demands have changed a lot in the past few years. People expect their online orders to be packed, shipped, and delivered on the same day they order it. With Amazon offering day-of delivery or 2-day delivery at worst, retailers need to step up their use of logistics technology in order to keep up with customer demands. There are many ways to achieve last mile delivery as a retailer, but here are a few of the most commonly used methods:
IN-SOURCED DELIVERY TRUCKS
If you’d like to keep all of your company’s operations in-house, you can always buy company trucks/vans and hire delivery drivers. Keeping delivery operations in-house ensures better quality control and customer service, however it tends to be expensive, as well as, potentially less efficient if you don’t have sufficient resources to keep up with demand.
THIRD-PARTY MAIL DELIVERY COMPANIES (3PL)
Most businesses are using third-party logistics companies like DHL, FedEx, UPS, and USPS to deliver their products to their customers. It’s usually much more time and cost efficient than insourcing delivery, which makes it a better choice for most businesses, especially smaller ones. By using third-party logistics companies for delivery, businesses don’t have to worry about specializing in delivery, paying for warehouses, etc.
The sharing economy is growing quickly in many different sectors, including the delivery sector.Click To Tweet Companies like GoShare are making it easier for businesses to keep up with consumer demands. They have over a thousand vetted truck and van owners ready to deliver for you. If it can fit into a pickup truck, box truck, or cargo van, they can deliver it for you. You can schedule your GoShare courier service in advance or get it on demand. Many Costcos, Pier 1 Imports, and Ace Hardwares have already partnered with GoShare to improve their last mile delivery.
Although these are the most common delivery methods now, they might very soon change with upcoming technology developments. Here’s what the future of last mile delivery may look like:
Delivery by drone would potentially consist of a copter flying from the production location (carrying a package) to the customer’s home. Initially, there would be a weight restriction set by the ability of the copter. Drones have the potential to make delivery more direct and, therefore, a lot faster. Currently, Amazon is making the a lot of progress in developing drone delivery. They’re calling the service Prime Air and claiming that customers can get their products (under 5 lbs.) delivered in less than 30 minutes from the time they order it. Amazon hasn’t released a launch date for this service, but customers seem eager to try it out.
AUTONOMOUS GROUND VEHICLES (AGV)
AGVs are basically lockers on wheels. They would deliver items without human involvement, aside from a central human supervisor. Although, these wouldn’t be as fast as drones because they would travel by ground, customers could be notified of the exact time their item would be delivered. The downside of this method is that the receiver of the package would most likely have to be home to be able to get their package out of the locker. DHL and Google are both working on developing self-driving delivery trucks to improve last mile delivery, although Google won the patent for it, titled “autonomous delivery platform”.
Droids are autonomous vehicles that are fairly small (not much bigger than a regular sized package). They are similar to the AGVs in the sense that they are like lockers on wheels. They would travel on the sidewalk, although relatively slow, primarily to help out with last-mile delivery or food delivery. Because they’re so small, they likely wouldn’t be able to carry a significant number of packages each trip. As of last July (2016), a company called Starship Technologies, based out of Estonia, began implementing droid delivery in Europe. They started out with a select few food companies to test it out and are now partnering with grocery stores and more restaurants.
These futuristic delivery methods sound awesome, but it may be awhile till they’re fully developed into plausible methods, and even then, they might be very costly or too risky. With that said, it doesn’t mean that you have to continue with your old delivery methods. If you want a newer, proven, and cost effective method to improve your last mile delivery, you can easily partner with GoShare!
So you’re looking for ways to make money and find some loads for your pickup truck. Good news is you came to the right place. At GoShare, our mission from day one was to connect truck and van owners with people and businesses who need help delivering cargo. We have built a sophisticated and trusted marketplace over the last 3 years to make it easy for truck owners to make easy money using a truck and some muscle. Here are the top 5 reasons to become a GoShare Delivery Professional:
1. Be your own boss. Have you ever dreamed of being your own boss or starting your own delivery business? GoShare gives truck and van owners the ability and the loads to support your own business. No need to ask us for a day off or schedule a vacation. We take care of the marketing, cargo insurance, technology and payments. Now you can focus on what you are good it.
2. Work when you want. Do you need a job that gives you time to do the things that you love? With GoShare you only accept the projects that you want to accept. If you have a crazy schedule and need the flexibility to work around your calendar you then you won’t be disappointed with GoShare.
3. Make good money. We pay our delivery professionals better than anyone else in the industry. With GoShare you can earn between $47.52 – $71.52 per hour! You also may be able to take advantage of tax breaks for independent contractors.
4. Bonus Perks. In order to provide additional value for being a member of the GoShare team, we have partnered with several other relevant businesses to give you exclusive access to discounts on great products and services. You can save on great brands such as Nissan, Firestone, and Ace Hardware. Learn more about our driver perks here.
5. Help Your Community. With GoShare, you can easily connect with businesses and people in your community who need help moving, hauling and delivering large items. You will feel a great sense of pride after you have helped one of you neighbors who was in need. Try it once and see if you don’t get hooked.
You don’t need to take our word for it. Watch the video below to see why thousands of truck and van owners have signed up to work with GoShare. Interested in joining our team? APPLY NOWGot a truck? Want to be your own boss? Join today & earn up to $71 an hour www.goshare.co/drivers Click To Tweet.